We are a husband-and-wife team based in Napa, CA. We're passionate about producing the best possible non-alcoholic wines that do not compromise on flavor or experience, leveraging our combined 20 years experience in the wine industry. As wine-lovers, we created Sovi for the times that you want to enjoy a glass of wine, but without the effects of alcohol.
-Julia Littauer, Certified Sommelier & Alex Littauer, DipWSET
A dry-style rose with notes of pink grapefruit, Rainier cherry and salted watermelon. Bright, bubbly, and very food-friendly.
Lunch with friends, happy hour, backyard party, or on-the-go for a picnic, hike, or to the beach or lake.
Fresh cheeses, charcuterie, salads and seafood, in particular shrimp and shellfish.
WHAT IS NON-ALCOHOLIC WINE?
There are several types of 'non-alcoholic wines' on the market. Some are grape juice that has never been fermented, others are wine proxies (i.e. teas, vinegars, herbs that aremeant to mimic the flavors of wine). Many are 'alcohol-removed' or 'dealcoholized' wines, including Sovi, meaning it starts with real wine then the alcohol is removed.
Every great wine starts in the vineyard, including Sovi. We partner directly with a multi-generational family-owned winery and we work closely with the vineyard manager and winemaker to create rich and expressive wines. Our goal is to create a quality wine which, when the alcohol is removed, results in the best possible non-alcoholic wine.
HOW IS IT MADE?
- We start by making traditional
- Next, we remove the alcohol with a technology called vacuum distillation. We distill the wine at a low temperature in a vacuum to keep as many aromas and flavors as This gently boils off the alcohol, resulting in an alcohol-removed wine.
- Then we blend in a minimal amount of grape juice concentrate to get the exact balance we're looking Think of it like a dosage in Champagne.
- Finally, we add bubbles and put it into cans.
WHERE IS CLARKSBURG, CA?
An often-overlooked region, Clarksburg is about 40 miles east of Napa on the Sacramento River Delta. The climate there is perfect for growing characterful grapes: warm sunny days result in beautifully ripe flavors while the cool breezes off the San Pablo Bay help the grapes maintain their naturally crisp acidity.
- They are more recyclable and eco-friendly than traditional glass wine
- Single-serving size- no need to open a whole bottle if only 1 or 2 in a group is drinking NA wine!
- They are convenient- perfect for on-the-go occasions